Friday, December 24, 2010

NO ROOM FOR HIM IN THE INN




One statement I have noticed of late in the Christmas story is: "...because there was no room for them in the inn" (Luke 2:7). It occurred to me that Jesus was intended to be born in a specific place identified as 'the' inn but because the owners didn't make room for Him, his birth happened in another place, a stable. That speaks of God's intentions for one person being deflected to another. He intended one person to bear Him in a certain manner but that person wasn't open, so God went to the next one. He intended one church to have a certain deposit of glory in it but there was no room so He went to another location. I have often wondered how much of God I have missed by being too closed, too full, too busy, too smart, too religious, too distracted...

How much have you missed? How much of Him do you want? How open are you? All of these questions we should ask ourselves and answer as honestly as possible so that we can be ready next time.

Who are you now, inn or stable?

1 comment:

  1. Good points Robin especially "I have often wondered how much of God I have missed by being too closed, too full, too busy, too smart, too religious, too distracted..."

    Has me thinking...

    ReplyDelete