Thursday, August 6, 2009

Heaven is Open


In Revelation 4:1 John, the apostle, saw a door that was standing open in heaven. He received an open invitation to 'come up here'! Many believers think they have what has been termed 'a brass heaven', meaning that something, or someone (the Devil or demons) has separated them from the presence of God, and the realm of the heavens is shut to them. They then set about to do something 'religious' to try to open the heavens. IT DOESN'T WORK. Most just give up, or make excuses for the lack of spiritual presence. Heaven's door is not closed. No one can close a door God opens (Revelation 3:8)! But, if you believe heaven's door is closed, then it is effectively closed...to you! I agree with the apostle John and Revelation 4:1... not those other folks. Heaven is open.

In Revelation 3:20 we find that there's a door that is closed. It is the door to the church and Jesus is knocking on it, wanting us to open it! Here is a powerful illustration of our (the church's) current relationship to heaven: It is like we are living in adjoining hotel rooms with Jesus. Those rooms have two doors between them, one in each room. In this case, His door is open (heaven's) and our door, the door of our understanding, is closed. He is knocking on ours so that divine realities can transpire. Jesus wants in. Wake up! Open your door.


6 comments:

  1. I want to have that door open!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you 'open your door' is you see that the door is already open. Our door is the door of our understanding of the spiritual reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you mcman of God. I will forever carry that image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS IS WHERE I FIND MYSELF DOING RELIGIOUS THINGS TO GET TO KNOW GOD AND FEEL HIS PRESENCE.I DO THIS BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO SOMETHING .I READ THIS AND TRY TO BELEIVE IT.BUT THE THOUGHTS THAT I AM NOT DOING ENOUGH COME LIKE I SHOULD BE PRAYING MORE AND READING MORE . I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS

    ReplyDelete