Wednesday, June 16, 2010

John Deere Covering


Before falling asleep one night I decided to quote a Bible verse and meditate on it as a spiritual exercise. Several times I quoted Galatians 2:20:
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ lives in me: and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me".

Something very unusual happened as I quoted '...who loved me and gave Himself for me'. Although lying in bed in the dark, I suddenly found myself under a huge green and yellow wide striped tent that completely overshadowed me. As I quoted the verse several more times it happened twice more and I fell asleep. I didn't understand what it meant and completely forgot about it by the next day. On the way to work, the Lord reminded me of what happened the night before and asked me what I thought about it. When I told Him I didn't understand it He asked me to describe what had happened and exactly when the tent emerged.

I said, "when I quoted Paul's words about Jesus loving him, ('who loved me and gave Himself for me'), this large green and yellow 'John Deere' tent looking thing appeared over my head".

The Lord said, "yes, John's dear to me!" When the Lord said that, I immediately thought of the relationship the Apostle John had with Jesus. He referred to himself four times as the 'disciple whom Jesus loved'. No one else called John that and that phrase doesn't appear in the other gospels, just his.

The Lord was using the experience, the colors, and a play on words to show me in a unique, personal, and unforgettable way that He loved me like He loved John and that I had the same kind of connection to Him that John did. I too abide under His love, just like John, the disciple whom Jesus loved.

Another morning as I was waking up the Lord whispered into my consciousness, "Each of my children is My favorite!". I perked up and thought about how wonderful the Lord is and how only He could truly relate to everyone that way. Then He said, "But, few people realize it!". Imagine being God's favorite person and not knowing it! How sad.

Do you believe that you are God's favorite person?

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely! In God's sense of the word favorite. I'm favored... and instead of being a Hittite, Jebusite, Amorite, Americanite... I am a favor-ite :) Being His favorite is not an expression of exclusivity, but an extension of clan, a family of favor.

    Couldn't resist. I love the way the Lord plays with you. As you share the John Deere story, I'm stirred to hunger and thirst for revelation that defies the norm.

    love,
    the VP of your fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good. i needed that robin, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me be the 4th person to thank you and thank the Lord!! I heard you share this story before, in Holland, in the city of Drachten, but then I did not really understand what you were talking about. Now, I do!

    Dennis Knoops
    the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, why do you think the Lord uses these word plays so much? I have often wondered why.
    Many of the strongest words I have had have come through some strange symbolism, perhaps it is some sort of fail safe the Lord uses to get an uncorrupted message to us, or perhaps he just does it to get some dialogue with us!!

    ReplyDelete